Sunday, July 17, 2011

Workforce Statement

Thank you!

Your trust, enthusiasm and commitment to our products and our partnerships have allowed us to retain our existing customer base in these challenging times. Our technology is only part of our business. Our dedication to our customer, our software and hardware technology, our customer support, our administration department, all continue to gain us respect and admiration in the marketplace. This is what sets us apart from our competition, your commitment to our product and to our customer.

There have been some challenges. Innovation in technology and our competition continue to threaten our market share. Customers are looking for inexpensive ways to integrate competitive mobile devices, web services and various reader technologies. Our costs continue to increase as parts for the manufacture of our products become obsolete. Investment companies continue to complicate things as acquisitions continue to distract our customers focus and add more unknowns into the marketplace.

Understanding the challenges ahead of us, we continue to be engaged and enthusiastic. As professional and innovative individuals everyone must continue to communicate their information and ideas throughout the company. Every individual within ABC is of value to this organization and their ideas and opinions vital to our continued success.

8 comments:

  1. I appreciate the offer at the end of the memo stateing that "Every individual within ABC is of value to this organization and their ideas and opinions vital to our continued success." I wish that were true in more companies unfortunately I have found the opposite:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paige, I started liking your blogs, especially the language is smooth and flows very well. I am sure your vast work experience is just addition to your excellent language skills. Specifically, this post flows very well where you started with thank you note and then breaking into challenges part. When I read this, I think it helps the engagement with the workforce. Look forward to your coming blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Paige. I particularly enjoy the flow of the memo as well as the use of "we" and "our" which really help to foster the team environment. As you demonstrate in the message, employees are huge assets within the organization. As D'Aprix shows in his book, it is important to get employees to take ownership.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your memo displays a great focus on the team. I especially liked your statement that "Every individual within ABC is of value to this organization and their ideas and opinions vital to our continued success." As we have learned, encouraging employees to speak up and offer their ideas is vital to increasing employee ownership and investment in the company. Effective communication between employees and leadership regarding innovation can prove extremely valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be honest, I'm a little scared by those challenges! They are daunting. How much pressure is your company facing from all of those factors? Is it a do or die time for the company?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley, we have a great product and a great team. We have addressed these challenges head on and look to do very well in the next few years. The unknown and the challenges are always out there. Technology moves really fast. It's the companies that embrace that who will do well. Others that have their heads in the sand are the ones who will lag behind and "die".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paige, I liked the Thank you at the beginning!If I were an employee of this company those thank you words would encourage me to read on with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paige, you have a nice flow to this memo. The emphasis on employees draws me in. You are clear on market forces affecting you business and on the various services and products that drive success. I felt phrasing was a indirect in some places. Respect the power of simple sentence construction.

    ReplyDelete